Lockerbie Lamb's blog

Hi - I am Lockerbie Lamb and I joined the Broomwell Ryelands team on their first show outing of the season at Lesmahagow on Saturday.

I enjoyed my day so much so I think I will cadge a ride to all the shows they are going to this season.
And I have decided to take over this show blog spot as the 'manager' really hasn't been very good at updating it at all.
I will, however, still allow her to put sales posts up - but I'll probably have to remind her to do that too!
Weather was lovely on Saturday - in fact, for us sheep it was almost too warm in the afternoon.
I think I might be a lucky mascot as the Broomwell team had a great day and brought home a most unusual championship trophy. It was won by by one of the younger members of the team, the ram lamb called Broomwell Wallander (yes, the manager likes crime fiction).
Anyway this is me with the trophy and all the day's rosettes.
Oh, and here's a picture of the manager with the winner and the judge. Mrs Joanne Fisher.
I'm just glad the manager's daughter was with us, cos she was actually the one who really looked after me.
This is a picture of her showing one of the team - very friendly lot these Ryeland folk.


So, next outing is Stirling, which apparently is The Scottish Ryeland Show, so until then...I'll be seeing ewe!

Stirling Show June 11

Weather was a bit more overcast for our next outing, to the Scottish Ryeland Show.
This was a new venue for Ryelands and Coloured Ryelands  so everyone was delighted with an entry of over 70 shee!p. They came from all over Scotland and the manager, helped once again by her daughter, seemed to enjoy meeting up with friends old and new.
Everyone seemed to be having fun, especially asking someone called Eddie how his Satnav was this time and what had happened to his white coat! (Can you spot him in this picture which was taken by ace photographer Dom?)



The judge was a lady called Barbara Webster  from Fife and she had a busy day.

This is just one of the classes:
And at the end of the day, she chose as her champions a Ryeland Shearling ram from Andrew Hunter Blair and a Coloured ram lamb from Dom McEwan King and they are pictured here receiving their trophies from group chairman Chris Smyth

This is me pictured with the Broomwell  rosettes from the event which the manager was chuffed with.

This weekend I went on another long road trip,  this time with the manager and her friend Pat. No sheep other than me made the trip, yet we did go to another sheep show. Apparently  the manager was judging Coloured Ryelands at The Royal Three Counties Show but no pictures of me at this one as the manager was concentrating on the job in hand apparently! It must have been very far away, cos I was in the car a looooooooong time!

Next up, a trip to Ingliston for the Royal Highland Show - hope to have lots of good stories from that one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Royal Highland Show 2010

Royal Highland Show 2010
First prize senior ram Broomwell Johnny Depp